New Super Performance full-frame zoom lens features class-leading resolution and Tamron's proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation)
April 5, 2012, Commack, NY －Tamron USA, Inc. announced the SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A007), the world's first1 full-size high-speed standard zoom lens equipped with VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), with resolution at the top of its class, will be available starting April 26, 2012 in Canon mount with Nikon mount following. Delivery of the Sony mount version has not been released.
- World's first full-size, high-speed standard zoom with built-in VC (Vibration Compensation). Even when shooting in low-light conditions with a slow shutter speed to render sharpness, Tamron's acclaimed VC allows for stable handheld camera work, to more fully enjoy the benefits of this high-speed zoom lens.
- Uses specialized high-grade glass in the three LD elements, three Glass Molded Aspherical Lenses, one Hybrid Aspherical Lens and two XR (Extra Refractive Index) glasses, delivering top-of-the-class quality images suited to this high-grade lens. Using a rounded diaphragm, the lens achieves gorgeous blur effects.
- Features USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) to power a speedy AF drive together with a continuous manual mechanism.
- This high-speed standard zoom lens has a wide-end focal length of 24mm that expands the photographic area.
- The lens adopts the new technology including the latest optical design, VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), all in a lighter and more compact package.
- Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent water from penetrating the lens.